Power Electrical & Electronic Systems
Research, Development and Innovation group (R+D+i)
- UNESCO Descriptors:
- 3306: Electrical Engineering and Technology.
- 3307: Electronic Technology.
- 3317: Motor Vehicle Technology.
- Research Topics:
- Measuring, evaluation and study of control systems for the quality electrical supply.
Measuring systems and evaluation algorithms developed for the electrical supply quality, that could detect and register perturbations, applying the whole rules and standards in force. Corrector systems which allow improving the quality of the electrical supply preventing and attenuating different perturbations that could affect to the operation of the users connected at this point, emphasizing the harmonics active filtering systems.
- Injection systems for the electrical supply of the energy produced by renewable energy plants.
Development of electrical and electronic systems that allow the injection of energy coming from renewable sources (solar and wind mainly) in the electrical supply system with efficiency way and the desired electrical quality. Global working studies and analysis of the electronic systems (inverters mainly) associated in matrix topologies to increase the power for this kind of installations.
- Electrical and electronic mechanisms. Development of the associated software for the control of processes and installations.
Electrical and electronic systems for the process and installations control acting like power interfaces between the proper control and the process or installation. Design of the control platform (basis on PC, microcontrollers, DSP and others) with its corresponding measure acquisition system and development of the software that controls the process or installation and interacts with the interface of the electrical and electronic mechanisms.
- Storage, adaptation and distribution of the electrical energy for vehicles.
- Drive system / Electric propulsion in vehicles.
- Educational innovation and research.